Ronald McDonald House of Dallas helps keep families close to each other and the care they need, when they need it most.
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) supports the health and well-being of seriously ill or injured children receiving treatment in the Dallas area by providing them and their families a home-away-from-home. In an effort to lessen the burden, reduce stress, keep the family intact, and enhance the quality of life for these families, RMHD provides temporary housing in a caring home-like atmosphere.
Ronald McDonald House program was built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on healing their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal, or where they will lay their head at night to rest.
How We Fulfill Our Mission:
• We provide a place to stay for little or no cost.
• We serve the entire family with space for up to five family members in each room.
• We serve three meals a day for every resident generously donated and prepared by community group volunteers.
• Regular shuttle runs provide transportation to nearby hospitals.
• Volunteers are essential to creating a warm environment where families are taken care of and feel at home.
• We offer a host of services and activities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
• We connect families with other people who care and understand what you’re going through.
• We partner with community and corporate sponsors to fund the portion of each night’s stay not covered by the family’s contribution.