Ronald McDonald House of Dallas exists to serve & sustain families when serious illness or injury strikes the most cherished part of their lives, their children.
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) supports the health and well-being of seriously ill or injured children receiving treatment in the Dallas area by providing them and their families a home-away-from-home. In an effort to lessen the burden, reduce stress, keep the family intact, and enhance the quality of life for these families, RMHD provides temporary housing in a caring home-like atmosphere.
Ronald McDonald House program was built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on healing their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal, or where they will lay their head at night to rest.
How We Fulfill Our Mission:
• We provide a place to stay for little or no cost.
• We serve the entire family with space for up to five family members in each room.
• We serve three meals a day for every resident generously donated and prepared by community group volunteers.
• Regular shuttle runs provide transportation to nearby hospitals.
• Volunteers are essential to creating a warm environment where families are taken care of and feel at home.
• We offer a host of services and activities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
• We connect families with other people who care and understand what you’re going through.
• We partner with community and corporate sponsors to fund the portion of each night’s stay not covered by the family’s contribution.